Soft grayish stone with bursts of darker veining.
|Country of origin:
||Black, Brown, Gray
What is Travertine?
Travertine is a natural stone such as Marble, Granite, Onyx, Limestone, Slate etc. The key difference between Travertine and other natural stones lies in the formation of the rock, the hardness of the stone and the appearance. Travertine is formed in hot springs and/or limestone caves. Travertine is not the same as Marble or Limestone which falls in the metamorphic rock category. Key characteristics of Travertine stone are the holes within the stone which are caused by carbon dioxide evasion.
Along the history travertine used to be among the top building stones. Romans took advantage of travertine for various constructions projects such as buildings and temples, aqueducts, baths, stairs, steps, and amphitheaters such as the Colosseum, the largest building in the world constructed mostly of travertine. Travertine was also used for sculptures and monuments.
Even today in the 21st century, travertine is being used for a great variety of indoor and outdoor projects. The most popular indoor uses of travertine in US include floors, walls, stairs, steps, bathroom, showers, countertops, backsplashes, sinks, vessels, medallions, fireplaces. The most common outdoor travertine usage include pool decks and steps, driveways, patios, walkways, outdoor fireplaces, walls and stairs.
Because of its beauty, travertine is variously known as onyx marble, Mexican onyx, Egyptian alabaster, or Oriental alabaster.
- Naturally Beautiful
- Big variety of colors
- Simple installation
Travertine is a natural material that has unique features that no other stone can offer and is commonly found in earth tones ranging from almost white and pale ivory to rich shades of red and brown, but can also be found in silver and reds. Some of the most popular colors are Ivory, Beige, Walnut colors (light, medium, dark), Noche (Dark brown), Silver and Gold. Combinations of these colors are also possible.
Travertine products usually have the following finishes: tumbled, honed, brushed, filled, filled & honed, chiseled, bush hammered, polished and combinations of those.
Why Choose Travertine
- The main advantage of travertine is its natural beauty. The stone comes in many dazzling colors that can add to the beauty of any room. Earth tones can match with any furniture or wall covering.
- Travertine stone flooring that has been polished and sealed is easy to clean and is considered to be both hygienic and environmentally friendly. Dirt stays on the surface of the sealed stone, rather than being ground in, and can easily be removed.
- This type of prepared travertine can help contribute to the air quality of your home as it does not absorb odors, chemicals, or gases.
- Polished and sealed travertine is considered durable and reliable and adds value to your home.
- Luxury Countertops is here to help you create the home of your dreams, without compromising beauty or performance. Travertine is the natural stone that will create a warm atmosphere in your house. Choose now and contact us for a Free quote.