Rich golden highlights on a warm and light backround for a dramatic effect with deep veins throughout the slab.
|Country of origin:
What is Granite?
Granite countertops, created by nature and fashioned by modern technology, are an investment homeowners will never regret. With deep iridescent colors, granite offers that elusive, one-of-a-kind beauty created only in nature. As a result, granite countertops add character and warmth to kitchens, baths, and other areas of the home with a richness that cannot be duplicated in synthetic materials.
Granite is a coarse grained crystalline igneous rock composed primarily of quartz and feldspar. It forms from slowly cooling magma (silicate melt) that is subjected to extreme pressures deep beneath the earth's surface.
With public awareness increasingly turning to the use of natural materials in the home, Granite has become the countertop of choice for today's kitchen designer. Synthetic solid surface materials are no match for the richness, depth, and stellar performance of real granite. Unlike laminates and solid-surface materials, a hot frying pan has no effect on granite's mirror like finish. The diamond-like hardness of granite makes it virtually impervious to abrasions, stains, and extreme heat.
Granite is second only to diamonds in hardness. It is simply the best work surface available. Its polished finish won't wear off. Unlike marble, synthetic and laminate countertops, granite countertops will not blister, scratch or crack; and they are highly stain resistant. Granite countertops can take a hot pot without the use of a trivet. And its cool polished surface is ideal for rolling out pastry dough. Granite countertops are a beautiful, durable and cost competitive solution for kitchens, baths and other residential applications or commercial applications.
Most important: by choosing a granite countertop and island, you not only give your kitchen timeless performance and beauty, you increase the value of your home.
- Naturally Beautiful
- Staining and chipping resistant
- Hard natural stone
- Extremely durable
- Scratch resistant
- Wear resistant
The color and texture of the stone is determined by the cooling speed and the amount of quartz and mica that are found in each piece of stone.
Darker granites such Nero Absolute do not require sealing for many years. Dark colours tend to be slightly less porous than whiter colours available today. However, lighter granites purchased from quality quarries are now treated and baked with a resin at the quarry polishing line making them highly stain resistant as well.
Granite slabs are 58" to 74" high by 108" to 124" long by 3cm thick, the ideal size for kitchen counter & vanity tops. All slabs vary in these ranges and should be checked before specifying a specific height or length.
Why Choose Granite
- Granite Countertops are made from natural rock and are naturally beautiful. It is considered a substantial upgrade for your kitchen countertops and bathroom vanity countertop when compared to products such as Cultured Marble and Corian.
Granite is harder than steel so you are not able to scratch it with a knife.
- The process of fabricating granite is very difficult. It must first be extracted from a mountain in a large block form, then cut and polished with diamonds and water. Lastly, it must be delivered in the form of kitchen countertop and other complete products.
- Should granite be sealed? Though some choose not to seal their granite, we recommend that you seal your natural granite countertops at least once a year.
- We believe granite is the best choice for today’s home countertop surfaces because it is durable, naturally beautiful and the industry’s #1, first-class product. Visit us to find out more information about our granite products.